It’s Sunday night and very nearly Monday morning (yep, sorry to have to remind you). You will no doubt wake first thing as a result of the kids charging into your room or an alarm, (same thing really). Or, maybe you will wake slowly and naturally (you lucky (*•_*#^•*).
- The weekend is over – boo
- Back to the school run – urgh!
- I have lots to do in relation to this blog – busy!
- I need to catch up on household duties – oh flippin eck!
- Awareness (being aware of all the unhelpful, unkind thoughts that going through your mind).
- Acceptance (trying not to get lost in thought. Be the observer of your thoughts rather than be governed by them.)
- Choice (put the thoughts aside and replace with more positive ones.) Appreciate life for what it is right now. I’m talking about simple things in life like your kids climbing all over your face haha, a roof over your head, food on the table, a safe place to live, family, friends, a job, or maybe it’s just health you are grateful for. So many of us don’t have those luxuries which we often take for granted.
You can choose to focus on the negative or focus on all that is positive – remember…
- A positive change in focus
- A positive change of mood
- You view the day in a different light
- You become your new thoughts (I love this part)
If you have enjoyed this blog post, please like and share. You can also follow me on the following social media platforms:
Comfort zones are lovely little places. Similar to the feeling of being in a nice warm bubble bath, they are safe and stress free.
For several years I had settled into a comfort zone. It was pleasant but involved no risks or challenges. I never really wanted to step out of my little cocoon to be honest. It was bliss! In theory.
The True Reality
To some people a life free of risk sounds great. To others, who love a challenge, it probably sounds like the worst place EVER!
You see, after a while comfort zones become boring and monotonous and……
So, you’re eating well, you’re exercising regularly and making positive food choices. You’re reaping the benefits and you’re pleased with yourself and all that you have achieved. Wahooooo!
Then out of the blue, for no apparent reason, your attention wavers and you’ve lost motivation. …
Are you mindful or is your mind full? Mindfulness is a bit of a buzz word these days. More like the latest trend and all for good reason.
I am no expert on the subject, however, I am learning about all the incredible benefits that being mindful can bring.
I am in awe at how people who practice mindfulness find it easier to enjoy the simple pleasures in life and how they are able to deal with unwanted events in a positive way….